Emu Hatch-a-long 2012

lol.. i havent heard back from them yet

the eggs that were from Alabama and from Kalaya were my best.. the local eggs I went and picked up were very very old.. I think I only had one of them hatch.. the rest of the local ones were oozing on day two or so.
unfortunately, the fate of most eggs shipped through the US Mail lies in the hands of the postal workers themselves. When I received my first egg in the mail (from South Carolina), the lady in the post office told me not to get my hopes up because the mail distribution center in Norfolk, VA was notorious for its rough handling of packages. That said, the egg still hatched!

They are even worse here in UK some of them...but if you send by Special delivery next day, which is more then double , but well worth it, I bought loads of Bantam and other eggs in the past and insisted to send this way...sent for 6 Rhea eggs a few years ago, to join my own eggs had 5/6 hatched, last was not fertile.. Then 6 Emu eggs, 3 hatched, 3 not fertile.
This year I sent for 5 Emu eggs, were sent by COURIER, very poorly packed, to join my own eggs, took 3 days just 100 miles..2 cracked, but only found out 4 weeks later, while incubating, contaminated all my own Emu eggs in my incubators. ..14 of them.

I should have know, seeing liquid coming from it, while unpacking.

Bad EMU keeper, several others reported and experienced same.from this seller.

Calla.

Just arrived

Last edited:
I have a tool for my browser which checks for updates automatically, so the moment they have eggs available on their site I'll know.
thumbsup.gif

Last update was on the 14th when they changed the price to $25 so they might start selling soon.
I heard back from Kalaya.. they will have eggs available in January and February.. I'll probably wait til february if I get any this year just so they will be hatching at the beginning of spring and can go outside a lot sooner

unfortunately, the fate of most eggs shipped through the US Mail lies in the hands of the postal workers themselves. When I received my first egg in the mail (from South Carolina), the lady in the post office told me not to get my hopes up because the mail distribution center in Norfolk, VA was notorious for its rough handling of packages. That said, the egg still hatched!
I cant get anything from Virginia to hatch. they all arrive scrambled or broken

About 8 or 9 years ago we tried emu eggs in the mail from Florida to NW New Jersey. The morning they arrived the postmaster called us to come get them. She handed us an oozing box and an insurance form. Got our money back but had 5 scrambled eggs.

Remember to track weights and also to tap test!

I'm still debating on if I am going to get any eggs this season.. I WANT to.. but out of all the emus I hatched last year I got ONE girl.. NINE boys....

I really dont need any more boys.................

Yinepu, don't let this stop you for getting more eggs, there are still some genuine sellers about, I know, some are expert in sexing Egg, lol and send all the boys, I had loads of those Eggs too.
Calla

Ok here are my first week's loss:
Eggs in on Dec 16:

Egg 1: 471 - 458 total loss 13 grams or 2.76%

Egg 2: 440 - 433 total loss 7 grams or 1.59%

Egg 3: 443 - 431 total loss 12 grams or 2.71%

Egg 4: 419 - 411 total loss 8 grams or 1.91%

Egg 5: 462 - 447 total loss 15 grams or 3.25%

Is it me or are these eggs awefully small in weight?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom