Emu Hatch-a-long 2012

My first Emu hatched at 12:09am. I was on the computer and I kept hearing scratching and had no clue what it was then I heard the shell hit the door of the incubator LOL Here are some pictures:
hatching:

almost out of the shell:

in my hand, isn't she TINY!

sitting in a dish getting weighed:

and it's weight is:

The shell pieces I put on the scale and they came to 69 grams and I found a few more pieces so I would say about 70 grams total for the shell. I wonder if she is the smallest to be born LOL She fits in the palm of my hand LMAO!

love.gif
ADORABLE!!

I have a TINY egg this time around.. if it's any good it may end up being smaller than your baby. (shipped egg from California that got lost in the mail.. so it's doubtful)
439 grams when I set it.. if it loses the 15% that would give it an ending weight of 373 grams.. then take away the shell and the moisture... yeah.. it would be a super tiny chick too

Last edited:
She's mad at me cause I put her down LMAO! She's in her pen screaming well whistling at me like crazy LOL
lau.gif
Already calling it a she LMAO!

love.gif
ADORABLE!!

I have a TINY egg this time around.. if it's any good it may end up being smaller than your baby. (shipped egg from California that got lost in the mail.. so it's doubtful)
439 grams when I set it.. if it loses the 15% that would give it an ending weight of 373 grams.. then take away the shell and the moisture... yeah.. it would be a super tiny chick too
Omgosh Adorable!!!
jumpy.gif

Oh the puppy nearly caused a temper tantrum here when my daughter saw it on my screen. It instantly became her hearts desire! What a beauty!!!

How much do the Emu chicks typically weigh at hatch?

This pic is the babies snuggling up to my daughter and going to sleep
love.gif
, it was so funny they just adore her..

Oh the puppy nearly caused a temper tantrum here when my daughter saw it on my screen. It instantly became her hearts desire! What a beauty!!!

How much do the Emu chicks typically weigh at hatch?

Lol.. they have two more females left!
hide.gif

The chicks will vary in size due to the size of the egg..

also humidity during incubation will play a part in chick weight as well (bloated chicks from humidity being too high and dehydrated chicks from it being too low)

Back
Top Bottom