Emu Hatch-a-long 2012

Oh, I didn't know you emu folk had such a cute sense of humor. Go figure.......

Thank you Yinepu. That makes me excited. I can not wait......

Oh, I didn't know you emu folk had such a cute sense of humor. Go figure.......

Thank you Yinepu. That makes me excited. I can not wait......

cute?... eep!

hide.gif

I have always been told that I have a bit of a sick sense of humor...

lau.gif

Well, day 51 heading into day 52 and no change this morning. All 3 emu eggs move when I whistle or talk.......and I still hear one scratching. No peeping yet that I can hear, although the hum of the incubator fans may be muffling it. Ahhhh, another long stress filled day. Gotta go outside soon and keep myself busy.

Grassman, how are your little ones? Anything new happening?

Day 54
first egg - can hear chirping and pecking at the shell
second egg - sitting more level - moving well

Wish I had more to report:

Day 48 for my next 10 eggs (lots of movement)
Day 42 for my next 14 eggs

Last edited:
Well, day 51 heading into day 52 and no change this morning. All 3 emu eggs move when I whistle or talk.......and I still hear one scratching. No peeping yet that I can hear, although the hum of the incubator fans may be muffling it. Ahhhh, another long stress filled day. Gotta go outside soon and keep myself busy.

Grassman, how are your little ones? Anything new happening?
Try taking the egg out of the incubator and whistle. You will hear the chirpping clearer

Try taking the egg out of the incubator and whistle. You will hear the chirpping clearer

I did that but all I heard was crinkling and what sounds like chewing......I can't wait to get home and check them again!

I just got home and went to check on my emu eggs. I picked up the one that I've heard scratching and I heard my first peep. Actually it is more like a soft whoot, whoot, whoot.......I nearly wet myself. I'm so freaking excited now, because it seams more imminent. I know it's not a sure thing but at this point it's extremely possible we'll have a little emu chick. Sooo, how soon do you all think it will be? By tomorrow or Friday??????? I may have to bag in sick, cuz if I nearly peed myself with the whoot, whoot, then I think I will poop myself when they hatch!!!!!!! Lol, this is the coolest thing.

I am home from work also - I have one egg that is peeping softly, but I can hear it - I would say that it's been making noise for a good 24hours - No idea when it will break the shell.

2nd egg sitting level and hear movement but no chirping - I don't think it has sounded completely as of today - moves when talked to.

The days are starting to blend together - now I know why we should take notes, I find myself asking "did I hear the first peep last night or two days ago". I don't want to drill an air hole until at least 72hours - I want this little guy to do it on his own
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom