Emu Hatch-a-long 2012

Here is my weight for this week
Start: 457 grams = 15% loss of 68.55 total grams or goal weight of 388.45 grams at hatch
Wk 1: 440 grams = 17 grams lost
Wk 2: 428 grams = 12 grams lost
Wk 3: 416 grams = 12 grams lost
Wk 4: 405 grams = 11 grams lost

Avie I only take the egg out to weigh it and put in back in. I only check it out after week 5 to see if it wiggles. Til then I keep turning it LOL The eggs I thought were duds ended up being the ones I hatched out LOL. Never fold your hand til you know for sure
wink.png

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Emu Mamas and (Papas) who spent months turning and weighing.......and going through the labor of the hatch.

Last edited:
My babies are doing fine. Rio is 100%.......great Mother's Day gift!!!

Last edited:
Happy Morher's Day to all of the Emu Mamas and (Papas) who spent months turning and weighing.......and going through the labor of the hatch.

Ok, Tonight I have officially turned off the incubator. My lonely egg went stinky. So this year I got my pair
clap.gif

Grassman wait til all those babies start to grow LOL I cannot keep up with all the POOP! The bigger they get the more poop they do LOL
Best of luck on your hatch!!!!! I will post pictures soon
frow.gif

Yoda, yes a pair is good with us too. Especially where they are our first Emus. But we're hooked and can't wait to get more eggs next year.......lol

And judging by their personalities keeping up with the poop will be a small price to pay for these amazing pets. But again, we only have two......hehehe

Day 54/53

One egg externally pip'd this morning - should be out tonight. Next egg has been chirping for a few days, placed a small air hole in the end.
Last two still moving.

Yes the poop is adding up in the brooder - washed the blanket a few times and need to shop vac the area.

Spent the week-end getting the outside runs completed -need to put up the 2x4'' wire and put up the gate this week. Will post some pics in a few says when complete - chick run is 24' x 54'. setup so I can use it for a breeding pen or for a Mom with her chicks.

My last batch of geese starting hatching this week-end - have 5 so far with 6 more externally pip'd - 26 total. Have a broody goose sitting on 12-15 eggs, can't wait to see the family together.

At the end of this month I need to shut down my incubators clean them and sell my stock
sad.png

Can't hatch if I don't sell them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom