Emu Hatch A Long

View attachment 2978325View attachment 2978326View attachment 2978327
Emu #3 hatched around 3:30 this afternoon, it's the most rambunctious one yet constantly whistling for someone to cuddle it! It's navel isn't closed so I'm monitoring that, trying to keep it clean.
Still waiting on #4, it's rocking and whistling through the shell but still no sign of breaking through.
Wow! Your having a great hatch rate! How many eggs did you buy? I Really Need emus now! Your babies are sooooooooo cute!!

Where did you get our eggs from? I "might" get some emu eggs to hatch! (If I get more land)
I found them on a Facebook group, the scammers are getting increasingly bad though so quick word of caution never send a deposit and always ask for video footage of them and their birds for proof that they’re not scammers.
The people I bought from are in Kentucky about three hours away from me and met me part way so I didn’t have as long of a drive. Given the cost of the eggs and the decrease in hatch rate I didn’t want to risk shipping, it was well worth it.

#4!
1643644946605.png

Did it hatch yet?!
Kind of 😅
Baby #4 wasn't quite ready to come out, I guess it felt left out with everyone else hatched already. I've taped it into the shell until it absorbs the rest of it's yolk sac. It's been crying and throwing a fit but has finally calmed down😅
Maybe by morning it can join the others 😊
1643694807120.png

1643694698073.png

Kind of 😅
Baby #4 wasn't quite ready to come out, I guess it felt left out with everyone else hatched already. I've taped it into the shell until it absorbs the rest of it's yolk sac. It's been crying and throwing a fit but has finally calmed down😅
Maybe by morning it can join the others 😊View attachment 2979743
View attachment 2979742
How is the emu chick doing? Do you have any pictures of the other emu chicks? THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!

How is the emu chick doing? Do you have any pictures of the other emu chicks? THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!
The next day he had absorbed the yolk but the naval hadn't closed and was still attached to the egg so I cut the umbilical, put on some iodine and put him in incubator isolation til it looked a little better.
He's with the others now
they're eating, drinking and trying to walk!
I'll try to get some pictures of them stumbling around today, they like to hide under their heat plate so it's hard to get a good pic lol

Back
Top Bottom