Quail Sweeties Hatch Along!

Pics

scyllarus

Songster
Oct 12, 2023
Florida, USA
So, I candled eggs a day or two ago and 36 out of 50 were developing!
1000012184.jpg

Claim an egg number and choose a name for the chick! I might be at work when these hatch, so no guarantees I'll accurately name the chicks, but I *will* be using all names from eggs that hatch.

Please name these babies based on sweets! My covey all have sweets-themed names c: I'll list them - please do NOT pick one of these names: Pudding, Mousse, Flan, Tiramisu, Dixie (the sugar brand), Debbie (snack cakes), Tiramisu, Vanilla Bean, Sugar, Butterscotch, Blondie, Brownie, Cinnamon, Choco, Cookie, Tidbit.

1. (Celadon)
2. (Celadon)
3. (Celadon)
4. (Celadon)
5. Gumdrop - Antiocheggers
8. Custard - GreenJay
9. Taza - 2ndTink
10. Fudge - TwoCrows
11. Cupcake - GirlsHuntToo
13. *** - Wrathsfarm
15. *** - Fluffycrow
18. Marzipan - Chive
22. Hedgehog - Nym
35. (I...dropped and cracked this egg just today
😱. We put a bit of tape and oil on it to try to save it.)
36. (Celadon)

Last edited:
Oooh a quail hatch! Quail are fun to hatch, they pop out like popcorn!

Your time is limited with editing without a PFM. I can edited the first post for you or you can copy and paste the first post to your next post with changes.

What day are the on?

I will take #10....Pudding!

#22 - Hedgehog

We eat those here!

What’s hedgehog slice?​

Hedgehog slice is one of Australia’s most popular sweet treats. It’s very similar to chocolate fridge cake or Tiffin in the UK.

I know what you’re thinking. I’m not sure I’m interested in a sweet treat named after an animal – a prickly one at that.

In fact it’s more than a little baffling why this is called a hedge hog slice at all, since hedgehogs aren’t even found in Australia. Maybe the inside very slightly resembles the bristles of a hedgehog? Or maybe not. But you have to admit it’s a cute name for a yummy sweet treat!

1713921635088.png

How to make it!

Back
Top Bottom