Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

It's like watching football with those big giant guys and then a little dude gets the ball and takes off running and no one else is fast enough to catch him 🤣
The best chicken football is when the ball is a mouse, except when I see that, I gag thinking of eating eggs. 🤣

That is so fun to see. It happens here too! They cry when they run with their prize, but I think it's excitement!
I always think it's funny when one could have all the yummy treat to themselves, but they have to run around chirping and get everyone else involved in the chase and typically end up losing their treat to another chick 🤣 I've always wondered why they do that? Maybe nature's way of making sure only the toughest and quickest got fed well and survived?

The best chicken football is when the ball is a mouse, except when I see that, I gag thinking of eating eggs. 🤣
You know what is just as creepy as mice? Centidepedes! 😱 OMG, these things are a 1/2 inch wide, 6 inches long, they have pincers on each foot, their sting is extremely painful.... these things are the most delectable bug a chicken can find! Somebody finds one and the chase is on, they rip it from each other's beak as the thing is wiggling and squirming.....eventually swallowing it, sometimes a live!! 😱😱 Yuck!!!! And quite often the birds run to me during the chase, OMG get AWAY from me with that thing! Gross gross GROSS!

Centipede-on-sidewalk.jpg

You know what is just as creepy as mice? Centidepedes! 😱 OMG, these things are a 1/2 inch wide, 6 inches long, they have pincers on each foot, their sting is extremely painful.... these things are the most delectable bug a chicken can find! Somebody finds one and the chase is on, they rip it from each other's beak as the thing is wiggling and squirming.....eventually swallowing it, sometimes a live!! 😱😱 Yuck!!!! And quite often the birds run to me during the chase, OMG get AWAY from me with that thing! Gross gross GROSS!

View attachment 3763298
Oh my!!! Good thing the chickens like to eat those though! Those are horrific!

I've got to get a new coop built ASAP for the silkies. I'm going to make it so that I can slowly introduce new kids as the get old enough to mingle with the adult kids. Designed around the see but not touch principal. My wife explained that one to me many decades ago before we got our first chickens.

Back
Top Bottom