Emu hatching question

TheFoagz

Chirping
Jan 24, 2019
My egg is at 60 days still wiggling incubated at 97.5. What is the longest incubation time you have had? I'm worried...

Are you positive the temperature has been 97.5? Did you double check with a calibrated thermometer? They can take longer than 60 days to hatch, but that would be at lower temperatures.

Are you positive the temperature has been 97.5? Did you double check with a calibrated thermometer? They can take longer than 60 days to hatch, but that would be at lower temperatures.
I'm like a nut job so I have 4 or 5 thermometers then there I thought it was too long to. My other four have been hatched for quite a while now.

I'm like a nut job so I have 4 or 5 thermometers then there I thought it was too long to. My other four have been hatched for quite a while now.

Huh. Well, I would say just keep waiting. If it's wiggling it's definitely alive in there.

I am also looking for some insite, I have 2 emu eggs today is day 52 that don't respond to tapping or whistling. The temp is at 97.6. They seem to have lost the correct amount of weight.... seems I should just be patient?

I've had eggs go on an absurd amount of time, maybe 70+ days. Healthy chicks hatched out but a lot didn't make it because I was impatient. Whatever you do, leave them alone and the'll hatch when it's time. Both our incubators seem to have something off about them to delay the hatch for such a long amount of time. Unfortunately I don't remember the settings/readings.

I had bleed stop on hand when that happened. If @Pyxis could weigh in! She recently had a hatch.

The delayed hatch (and blood) might have something to do with the humidity- if it's too high they can't absorb the blood quick enough and they hatch wet. I could be remembering wrong, but emus need low humidity and at the time I was hatching other birds in the same incubator so had to compromise.

It has hatched!
Snapchat-14734529701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom