Emu's have I lost my mind?

I wanted to answer the question about the taste of emu eggs....they are FANTASTIC!!! We ate them often. They taste like a big duck egg, very rich. I had a pound cake recipe that called for 12 chicken eggs, I would substitute ONE emu egg in the recipe and it was always the best cake ever! I would give these cakes as gifts at Christmas time. I would also wash some of the beautiful emu feathers and tape them on the underside of a clear glass cake plate that I served the cake on so you could see the feathers under the plate as the pieces were served out.

I hope you find the information you are looking for. This topic and the replies reminded me of a time a friend of mine asked that I feed her ostrich and her emu when she went out of town. I was wold they were very sweet and docile, well this was far from the truth. I went in the gate, went to the barn and the race was on. For 6 hours there was a stand off with me and them. Me in the feed shed and them at the door. One would leave, the other would take its place
lol.png

Quote:
LOL, and THAT's the reason I always carry my cell phone with me! I've convinced myself that one of these days a critter will trap me in one of the coops/runs or the barn. Last night while putting the roosters away I could see the reflection of critter eyes following me around!

The emu and ostrich probably WERE friendly.... to their owner! My emus are very alert and cautious around people they don't know.

thumbsup.gif
hello there steve in nc..this is dana in va.. weve met on ebay...i've gotten eggs from you and i sell on ebay as well...i just hatche da baby emu this week, and he's soo ugly he's cute...that big green egg was rocking, amazing! i fell in love with him from first sight and he is so needy. emus are rarely mean unless they are ignored, then messed with...we are raising this one in a large box..grows very fast..you have to show it how to eat...too funny:clap
they need a lot of exercise and 100 by 50 pen, 5 feet tall min.....i learned a lot on youtube.com by putting emu hatching , emu running, baby emus, etc.. you tube is the best... goodluck, and i can tell the guy i got my egg from on ebay..got 1 egg and it hatched....!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom