ENDED Coop Page Contest 2011 - Win BYC Store Gift Certificate

happyclams, way to think out outside the box (or inside the box).
I am new to the chicken world but I did a lot of reading and one thing that everyone stresses is ventilation.
Apparently chicken respiratory rate is a lot faster than humans (and other animals) so even if you clean the “box” frequently you may still have a problem with the air quality inside the coop. You may also have to paint or seal the wood to keep it from deteriorating quickly with it being outside. Great job on making a truly entertaining, entertainment center.

Quote:
Thanks. I was wondering about the ventilation and adding for closable holes near the top back. I'm planning on sealing the wood this weekend too. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
lau.gif
too cool!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Hey everyone,
What a great looking bunch of coops we have going on this summer! I am making some additions to my coop design as at least two of my girls turned out to be boys and I'm finding that this is not really a very good combination. The first thought is get rid of the boys but really, who wants just two roosters? Besides, I love the boys and I really like the early morning rooster crow-off. However, their ungentlemanlly (is that really a word?) behavior is a no-go not to mention I don't want the eggs to be fertilized. So it's time to add a FROG (For Roosters Only Grotto) to the coop, or as I call it the "Roo-Cave." The first photos of the expansion project are posted on my page and I will add to them as I complete the project. Enjoy! https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=88683

Quote:
Great coop! Love the Texas Flag and great job on laying out the pictures and explanations.

Back
Top Bottom