Energy exports ?

It looks like this thread has died. Well, my cousin went to the CNG and LNG convention in Houston. That morning, natural gas was at 4.16 MCF at the Henry Hub in Louisiana. At the same time natural gas was at $19.75 MCF in Japan. So, I suspect we should be exporting natural gas. Not so. The big boys have the industry bottled up.

Read this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/christo...re-energy-is-leading-americas-lng-revolution/

The Chinese have bought into shale natural gas plays with Chesapeake and Devon. If they can't budge the US government, nothing can. We have an abundance of natural gas, so maybe we should sell it now while we can.

When the Bo Hai Bay field comes on line, the Chinese will probably dump cheap natural gas on the market.

It looks like this thread has died. Well, my cousin went to the CNG and LNG convention in Houston. That morning, natural gas was at 4.16 MCF at the Henry Hub in Louisiana. At the same time natural gas was at $19.75 MCF in Japan. So, I suspect we should be exporting natural gas. Not so. The big boys have the industry bottled up.

Read this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/christo...re-energy-is-leading-americas-lng-revolution/

The Chinese have bought into shale natural gas plays with Chesapeake and Devon. If they can't budge the US government, nothing can. We have an abundance of natural gas, so maybe we should sell it now while we can.

When the Bo Hai Bay field comes on line, the Chinese will probably dump cheap natural gas on the market.

Well Cheniere Energy still has the only export license so far. Glad to see foreign companies spending money here, even the Chinese.

On another note do you think the last part of the Keystone pipeline system should be approved to import more Canadian oil ?

Yes, the Keystone should be built. Otherwise, that product will go to Asia. Lets see how the Bo Hai Bay turns out. I feel the world wide price will even out. Transportation of natural gas is not cheap, but pipeline is cheaper than ship.

Yes, the Keystone should be built. Otherwise, that product will go to Asia. Lets see how the Bo Hai Bay turns out. I feel the world wide price will even out. Transportation of natural gas is not cheap, but pipeline is cheaper than ship.

Well Chinese energy consumption is growing so much that I think it will along time till they even think about exporting any.

Back
Top Bottom