English Orpingtons Fun Colors?

L0rraine

Crowing
13 Years
May 20, 2009
Whidbey Island
I got some mixed color English Orpingtons from Papas Poultry and three were from his ‘laced red project’. He cautions that it’s in its early stages. It’s all good with me because I’m just fond of my color variety. One of the chicks has really grown on me however, and I’m wondering if any of you might know how his/her color might change as it gets older. They are about five weeks old now. I’m attaching a few pics and one from the day they arrived. This one was the darker yellow/buff in the middle.
90750E8D-5245-4F29-8F7E-DAC9CD4FED05.jpeg
CB7B8916-7F9D-4B76-B265-E0A611906ECB.jpeg
56086A43-8442-4C60-BAB9-972D97F9EAAA.jpeg

I have pictures of the other two as well and can post them if anyone is interested. The top, lighter yellow chick, is now buff with hints of blue in the feathering and the one with faint chipmunk markings is now reddish with blue tips to its feathers.

They are all so unique and will undoubtedly be lovely in their own way. A chocolate chick in the mix is now such a pure, all over chocolate brown - we call it ‘Coco’.

I have pictures of the other two as well and can post them if anyone is interested. The top, lighter yellow chick, is now buff with hints of blue in the feathering and the one with faint chipmunk markings is now reddish with blue tips to its feathers.

They are all so unique and will undoubtedly be lovely in their own way. A chocolate chick in the mix is now such a pure, all over chocolate brown - we call it ‘Coco’.
I'd like to see your other two. 😊

I got some mixed color English Orpingtons from Papas Poultry and three were from his ‘laced red project’. He cautions that it’s in its early stages. It’s all good with me because I’m just fond of my color variety. One of the chicks has really grown on me however, and I’m wondering if any of you might know how his/her color might change as it gets older. They are about five weeks old now. I’m attaching a few pics and one from the day they arrived. This one was the darker yellow/buff in the middle.
View attachment 2661506View attachment 2661507View attachment 2661509
Blue laced

Back
Top Bottom