English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian

Effective about 5:30 PM yesterday I was placed under quarantine that will go through November 19. Time will not be lost even for work. Yard and house work will also proceed. Still trying to get Lowes in here to install needed doors that are exterior. Should have been completed a couple weeks ago. Will now have to buy dog stuff through Chewy. Garage will be ready once door installed.

Effective about 5:30 PM yesterday I was placed under quarantine that will go through November 19. Time will not be lost even for work. Yard and house work will also proceed. Still trying to get Lowes in here to install needed doors that are exterior. Should have been completed a couple weeks ago. Will now have to buy dog stuff through Chewy. Garage will be ready once door installed.
Tested positive for Covid....and you'll still be going to work??

Tested positive for Covid....and you'll still be going to work??
Quarantine means stay home. I can work from home a lot, especially when it comes to writing. You need to be asking that beautiful question to the many people that live in my area. They do everything as normal whether sick or not. They do not wear masks nor engage in other aspects of social distancing. I am stuck here because of that. Others, including inlaws, where exposed as I was. They are going on as if nothing happened. Ask them that beautiful question.

Quarantine means stay home. I can work from home a lot, especially when it comes to writing. You need to be asking that beautiful question to the many people that live in my area. They do everything as normal whether sick or not. They do not wear masks nor engage in other aspects of social distancing. I am stuck here because of that. Others, including inlaws, where exposed as I was. They are going on as if nothing happened. Ask them that beautiful question.
Sigh. Lets just cycle it around and around for a couple years. :he:rant
Some people are up for Darwin awards

I have not tested positive for covid. Based on close proximity / contact with known active case, I automatically got put into quarantine regardless of what test results are in next day or so. Doctor said false negative rate too high to risk. The automatic quarantine makes controlling spread doable, but most people do not want to have the cost associated with it. For some, the economic cost is greater than health risks imposed on others. If more people on front went into quarantine, then fewer people would end up getting bug and thus more people could continue normal lives without putting solves or others at risks. It appears to be the front end part that is the problem here.

I just had a desk dropped off and a old sofa picked up by local furniture dealership. I instructed them to leave desk on front porch. A whipper snapper said "I ain't afraid of this shit" and proceeded to help me bring the desk. Strong back, weak mind. I am not afraid of it either, but know what it takes to prevent spread and understand risk for others. That kid has no clue.

DOG FIGHT

I was out in north east corner of property during the lunch break planting a flower garden. Dogs (Ben, Honey and Lucy) moved across the road and started barking at something. Then they ran as a group growling and then I could hear interspersed growling and barking as if they were fighting. The neighbor to north east brought his two dogs down in our direction. They are same dogs that bit my son a few months back. Neighbors dogs targeted Ben who held his ground. Neighbor's role I could not initially make out because of my efforts planting bulbs, but he did not appear to be trying to moderate when I got to my feet. I think he was trying to get his dogs to push mine back. His went repeatedly after Ben where both Honey and Lucey were delivering impactful bites to hind quarters and abdomens of neighbors dogs. Ben was taking bites to neck and chest where he is well protected. Once I got to my feet I called my dogs off which they responded to immediately. Neighbor then tried to do same, but his dogs restarted fight and then mine held ground again to repeat their efforts. I was able to get my dogs back to me where they watched neighbor and his dogs as they walked the 150 yards or so back to their kennel. I would prefer his dogs stay well away from the property boundary because they have demonstrated capacity to go after my son even when he was not on neighbors property. Those dogs are human aggressive, beyond just the annoying barking most do.

Lounging around before checking for mail.
IMG_0132.JPG

In route passing Bella, the eater of dead things, as we go.
IMG_0135.JPG

She smells like a skunk, do not pet her.
IMG_0140.JPG

We met a strange male bulldog of some sort. Ben was relatively cool with him, but females I had to call back. He was bigger than even Ben but he would not fair well when it comes down to how many dogs are in the fight.
IMG_0149.JPG

On way back Bella still laying out waiting for her boy to come home from school.
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG

Our house where the chickens roam. We be home.
IMG_0156.JPG

Back
Top Bottom