English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine that happening to someone so close
I am having trouble with it too. I am regurgitating what I know, but it is all like a dream. I just walked a round yard with just the dogs expecting wife or kids to yell at my about something. I went to get mail with just one dog; no kids that almost always road bikes. When I went to farmers market, most people just stared, they do not know what to say.

I am sorry.
No one knows what to say because words just don't seem to be enough. :(
Anger, frustration, a sadness that only the person experiencing can truly understand... These are things that many people either don't know how to handle, or are uncomfortable being near. It can make it all seem even more isolating and overwhelming. The staff at hospice do understand and can help with overcoming the seeming impossibility of facing even small tasks at this time. But no amount of coping mechanisms will diminish the pain loved ones are going through in the moment. When the time is right you can reach out for help as needed for yourself and the kids. Give yourself that time you need...

I am regurgitating what I know, but it is all like a dream.
:hugs
Finding someone, either in real life or online stories, who has been thru the same will help.
Did with my father's suicide and my son's OD,
just knowing someone had been thru the same really helped me.
:hugs

I was the caregiver for my step father when we brought him home on hospice. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, and one of the easiest decisions I ever had to make.... The great man I had loved and admired for over 30 years needed what I knew I could do, and for he and my mother nothing was too much for me to do.
Once he was gone my Mom found solace and comfort with the hospice group activities for people going through similar experiences. Every experience is different, and every person's needs will differ, but many find comfort or a sense of being "ok" with not being ok while they go through this. When they are ready they will find their new "normal".
So to do away with any mushy stuff.... it is OK to not be OK.

My dear wife passed at 2259 (10:59 PM) yesterday. Her passing was sandwiched between my birthday on the 16th and our sons today (18th) making the remembrance of it easier without my son in particular having a bad pairing. My sister in law was very concerned about that in the end as the weight of things lifted.

My dear wife passed at 2259 (10:59 PM) yesterday. Her passing was sandwiched between my birthday on the 16th and our sons today (18th) making the remembrance of it easier without my son in particular having a bad pairing. My sister in law was very concerned about that in the end as the weight of things lifted.
Deepest Condolences. :hugs

My Dad died on the 13th, Mom's bday was on the 16th.
My Aunt brought my Mother a birthday present when she came for the memorial....
so Happy Birthday to you @centrarchid and your son.

Back
Top Bottom