Enourmous spider!

obxWaMi

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
OBX, NC (Roanoke Island)
I was raking the leaves around my chicken pen today and encountered the most enourmous spider I have ever seen other than a tarantula (I had to look that up to spell it correctly). Anyway.... it was very aggressive. I managed to get it into a glass jar and looked it up on the web. It is a female mouse spider. I don't know how to do links to a picture and it is too scary and dangerous for us to try to photograp it ourselves, but you should really google this thing and look at it.
We discovered that it is very poisonous and can inflict a nasty bite. One site said it could be deadly to a small child. They don't build webs, but instead dig holes in the ground. I'm worried because usually where you find one, there are others.

I hate spiders!

Like this?
funnelweb1.JPG
http://www.spiderzrule.com/mousespider.htm

Holy
Moly, I would have had a heart attack!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
OMG!!!! Robin!!! I just REALLY passed out a few minutes ago, don't make me do it again. I have a rug burn on my cheek...... Yes I am fine.

Youch! What happend?

Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
What in the world are you passing out for?
hmm.png

I have been sick... I was coughing and headed for the potty for leakage control. Woke up with a rug burn and a cut on my lip. I am FINE!​

Back
Top Bottom