aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Popped up at 11:11 EST while hitting 'post'.
Reloading pages worked after that.
ETA: was on a laptop win7 and chrome
upload_2019-12-4_11-14-41.png

Last edited:
Popped up at 11:11 EST while hitting 'post'.
Reloading pages worked after that.
ETA: was on a laptop win7 and chrome
View attachment 1974098

Experienced exactly the same thing here, except it was saying Atlanta instead of Ashburn.

Happened to me, too. Hit reload and it's working fine now. Hiccup?

I got the same thing. The app also keeps closing out all the time and saying that theres an errorView attachment 1974121 :barnie

I just had the same error.
View attachment 1974908

:oldLooks to me like BYC gave y'all all "Timeouts". Have y'all been naughty:smack or nice:love?

:oops:

Different server locations?
Cloud flare is a so called »content-delivery network« (CDN), basically they duplicate the content of highly frequented web-pages to different locations and serve requests from there.
No clue what "Ashburn" was meant, but it seems that the nearest cloudflare-server to WV is located in Atlanta.
The error message is basically finger pointing from cloudflare: »Ey your browser is working, our cloudflare-server in Ashburn/Atlanta/… is working too, but the web-site you're trying to reach isn't. It's not our fault!«
More technical explanations:
https://github.com/marcialpaulg/Fixing-Cloudflare-Error-524
https://community.cloudflare.com/t/community-tip-fixing-error-524-a-timeout-occurred/42342
Other CDN's, like Akamai just report a "connection time-out error" and don't blame anybody.

Afaik, XFinity is distributed over TV-cable - it is a ComCast brand. So if you can have a telephone-line - and the big phone companies are obligated by law to give you access to a phone-line - you can have ADSL. The difference is that a TV-cable is shared between all end-users but the phone-line is your dedicated pair of copper-wires. If you have a nerd (me!) on your TV-cable, trying to download the whole internet, your internet will be slow.
However, due to the length of the phone-line, ADSL may be slow too.
I have no idea what you just said except, nerd..tv, cable, internet...:lol:

I’m having the same problem too now...my computer...which is actually brand new iPad last week..froze only on this website for two hrs this afternoon, and again around 5....must be a real issue?

Sorry to hear that. When you say "froze", can you be more specific? We have hundreds of visitors every day using iPad's, and aren't getting flooded with issues, so it seems to be a very isolated incident.

It could be specific pages, ads on a page, browser, internet connection, or any myriad of other things... which makes it very hard to duplicate and isolate / fix.

Back
Top Bottom