Essential oils for chickens

ive used sandalwood and lavender on snake bites that my duck got. she is completely healed now. i use a mix of white vinegar and orange,lemon,lavender,lime and grapefruit essential oils for a spray that i spray the coop with once i have cleaned it out. ive used cedarwood and lavender one a chickens legs to get off leg mites.

That's a very interesting article - thanks for sharing. The most important thing to remember when using essential oils around any birds is that it must be 'medical grade', otherwise there are other chemicals in it which are potentially deadly to birds, especially the little ones. There's quite a lot of information out there about using essential oils with parrots as an enrichment tool as well as for health issues, and neem tea and oil are often used to treat finches for a vast range of health issues by hobbyists.

Vet interesting article , I think it’s just easier to use the drugs. With the oils and herbs we have to investigate and learn .

I’ve used fresh mint and peppermint in my coop it really kept the bugs away. I’ve bought neem oil but I haven’t sprayed my coop yet....

Not everyone is open to this but for the health of us and our children we need to change. Did you read that antiobiotics are added to food to increase growth ? Scary stuff

Back
Top Bottom