Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

No way! A rumpless EOB?
ep.gif
How fun :) We must see pictures!

I still don't have photos of my rumpless EO's, but here is the one that Micah and Kiah got. My pullet looks very similar to this one. I also have a cockerel was from the same hen. The tail is just like a Manx Rumpy or an Araucana.

Last edited:
I still don't have photos of my rumpless EO's, but here is the one that Micah and Kiah got. My pullet looks very similar to this one. I also have a cockerel was from the same hen. The tail is just like a Manx Rumpy or an Araucana.

very cute :)

! year out with our Basques happy to report that of the chicks we hatched this season we have no leg or tendon issues, so not sure if our first group had an inbreeding issue or possibly shipped eggs issue. We had one chick hatch out all white, anyone here ever experience this? I'll post a photo shortly, I imagine it is a cockerel. We really like this breed since they just want to free range year round, even in the snow.

I got an all white hen in my original batch from GFF. She had the BRIGHTEST yellow legs! The only pic I could find is the chopped one below (top right)....never seen rumpless and I have hatched A LOT of chicks!

RareFeathersRanch
Christine

We have one all white chick from our hatch this season, we were thinking it would be a cockerel since those chicks are usually white with speckles, I guess we'll since once it grows out.

I am wanting a Mille Fleur Basque Cock/erel. Eggs out of MF to MF are fine as well and I will just hatch out my own. I know 'proper' EO people don't want the MF but I really do and would like to have the cock here for a project that has been going for a couple years. Thank you to anyone who is willing to share.

I am wanting a Mille Fleur Basque Cock/erel. Eggs out of MF to MF are fine as well and I will just hatch out my own. I know 'proper' EO people don't want the MF but I really do and would like to have the cock here for a project that has been going for a couple years. Thank you to anyone who is willing to share.
I had a very pretty one but the big girls pecked her to death...Quite sad.

It was a learning experience for me for sure. Even Spanish breeds that seem calm and friendly will be aggressive to new comers. I am very careful with integrating now.
Yes they can be, I had some EO hens pick a poor newbie so bad at the back of her head/neck I could see her skull and some of her neck bones. In less than 20 minutes. I was able to treat her, it healed over and you could never tell it happened.

Back
Top Bottom