Euthanasia

There are some higher end air rifles that WILL shoot a 45 / 50 cal slug, you can put a bullet, not the whole casing but just the bullet part in them, and they'll shoot it 1000 FPS. That's the power of a regular gun. This is obviously huge overkill for a chicken but the point is, even a BB gun that's one of the better ones, in the back of the head, can quickly take out a bird if need be.

Airsoft... from my recollection was one of those guns that shoot plastic pellets? No that would not work.

Another thing about air rifles, they are NOT considered firearms for the most part, so for those who may have done something stupid in the past and can't legally own a firearm, often they CAN own an air rifle / pistol.

Aaron

There are some higher end air rifles that WILL shoot a 45 / 50 cal slug, you can put a bullet, not the whole casing but just the bullet part in them, and they'll shoot it 1000 FPS. That's the power of a regular gun. This is obviously huge overkill for a chicken but the point is, even a BB gun that's one of the better ones, in the back of the head, can quickly take out a bird if need be.

Airsoft... from my recollection was one of those guns that shoot plastic pellets? No that would not work.

Another thing about air rifles, they are NOT considered firearms for the most part, so for those who may have done something stupid in the past and can't legally own a firearm, often they CAN own an air rifle / pistol.

Aaron
😲 That's...concerning.

Not concerning at all when it's in the hands of a responsible person. If a wolf or a coyote was attacking your flock, or a family member, it'd be nice to have something that can take it down in one pop. Or if someone broke into your house with the intent to do harm.
Remember, guns don't kill people, PEOPLE... kill people. The gun is merely a tool to accomplish the job, you know, like the broomstick you snap the chickens neck with :😉:

Aaron

Not concerning at all when it's in the hands of a responsible person. If a wolf or a coyote was attacking your flock, or a family member, it'd be nice to have something that can take it down in one pop. Or if someone broke into your house with the intent to do harm.
Remember, guns don't kill people, PEOPLE... kill people. The gun is merely a tool to accomplish the job, you know, like the broomstick you snap the chickens neck with :😉:

Aaron
The venn diagram of people who "can't legally own a firearm" and "in the hands of a responsible person"; two seperate circles.

I guess reading comprehension was not the high point of your GED. An air gun is NOT considered a firearm in many jurisdictions. Therefore felons who can not legally posses a regular gun, ie bullets and powder, CAN posses an air rifle. People could have done foolish things MANY years ago, been branded a felon, and have since gone on to live responsible respectable lives. However if they have not decided to clear their name, they didn't want the legal bs etc etc, they just left it be. They ARE responsible, and YES they ARE still considered ex felons / felons. If you want to try stitching words together to make an anti gun point, or other word trickery, please take it to another topic and I am sure you will be able to get a debate there. This thread is about euthanasia, thank you.

WIth this in mind though, for those who would pursue an air rifle for hunting, please be reminded there ARE laws concerning it and taking game, so you need to follow the seasons, bag limits etc stuff like that.

Aaron

I guess reading comprehension was not the high point of your GED. An air gun is NOT considered a firearm in many jurisdictions. Therefore felons who can not legally posses a regular gun, ie bullets and powder, CAN posses an air rifle. People could have done foolish things MANY years ago, been branded a felon, and have since gone on to live responsible respectable lives. However if they have not decided to clear their name, they didn't want the legal bs etc etc, they just left it be. They ARE responsible, and YES they ARE still considered ex felons / felons. If you want to try stitching words together to make an anti gun point, or other word trickery, please take it to another topic and I am sure you will be able to get a debate there. This thread is about euthanasia, thank you.

WIth this in mind though, for those who would pursue an air rifle for hunting, please be reminded there ARE laws concerning it and taking game, so you need to follow the seasons, bag limits etc stuff like that.

Aaron
Uhh such aggression, how spicy🤣. Just so you know; not every person is American, and GED's are an american thing. 🤷‍♂️ One would have hoped a guy who seem to be so proud of having passed his GED, would have understood that my explaning the strict gun laws in my country, means I don't live in America.

My point was this, you cannot use the arguement that "guns are safe in the right hands", as an argument for why it is safe to have an air gun which is as powerful as a "real" gun which can be owned by people which it has been decided isn't responsible enough to own a "real" gun. You can't check if they are the right hands at that point, so how do you know?

But hey, y'all can have whichever gun laws you democraticly decide, what you can't do is make me tell you it sounds like a safe way to do things🤷‍♂️

Again, how does this tie in with the proper Euthanizing of a chicken that unfortunately has come across a time that it needs to be put down?

It doesn't.

SO once again, this is a topic about Chicken Euthanasia, NOT gun ownership. If you wish to discuss the merits of owning a gun, can you please start a separate topic on that so it does not distract from the current topic? I am quite sure it will get plenty of attention if you do.

Thank you
Aaron

Again, how does this tie in with the proper Euthanizing of a chicken that unfortunately has come across a time that it needs to be put down?

It doesn't.

SO once again, this is a topic about Chicken Euthanasia, NOT gun ownership. If you wish to discuss the merits of owning a gun, can you please start a separate topic on that so it does not distract from the current topic? I am quite sure it will get plenty of attention if you do.

Thank you
Aaron
Hey, you're the one who brought up The Talking Points(TM) 🤷‍♂️

The 22 is the way to go when using firearms for euthanasia.
Would you be using 22 shorts, or standard rounds? It's been my experience that 22 rounds love to ricochet off stuff real easy and a chicken is a rather small mass to have to tackle. I could see even an off the shelf standard 22 long going right through and then where? If we are talking in the back of the barn / open / wooded area that'd be one thing but if you put it down in your backyard with the neighbors house 40 feet away, hmmm. I wonder in a case like this caging the animal first so that it's kind of limited and controlled where it's head is / the shot will end up landing at.

On the benzo's to sedate the chicken, I wonder what an Ambien would do? Not sure if they fall in the same category of benzo's or not, but another I guess you could say, fairly common drug people use.

Electricity was brought up. It'd be dangerous, but so would a gun, but what if you put 240 volts across it's head? That should kill it right off should it not? it should certainly destroy the brain, which is what we are aiming for so that pain is not felt right?

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom