BantamFan4Life

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Hello! Thank you for visiting!
frow.gif
I thought I should start a farm blog/update thread so people can keep up with my farm. I will do my best to do daily updates, every once and a while I might not be able to do it though.

First update:
My 3 new chicks!!
ya.gif
If you didn't know, I got 3 chicks on Friday. I got one Quail d'Anver, Ivy, one Black Cochin Bantam, Isabelle, and one Golden Neck d'Uccle, Emery. I love these chicks, I've been holding the chicks quiet frequently. Whenever we watch a movie I usually hold the chicks during it. Here are some pics of them:

Ivy

Emery

~Brent

Movie watching with chicks is fun! Gotta watch out for the poop, though.

Update: 9-17-13

Everything is doing great today. The chicks are really healthy and strong, they've been drinking and eating really well. I will be changing out the napkins I lined at the bottom of the brooder, in fact I should change it now
duc.gif
. Anyways....the other chickens are doing great, the turkeys need to be butchered, we should be butchering them as soon as we get someone to process the meat, Sweety, my blue Silkie, has still continued to be broody, and my production birds have started to molt which isn't that great :/

Update: 9-17-13

Everything is doing great today. The chicks are really healthy and strong, they've been drinking and eating really well. I will be changing out the napkins I lined at the bottom of the brooder, in fact I should change it now
duc.gif
. Anyways....the other chickens are doing great, the turkeys need to be butchered, we should be butchering them as soon as we get someone to process the meat, Sweety, my blue Silkie, has still continued to be broody, and my production birds have started to molt which isn't that great :/
Well, it's good that the chicks are doing well! :)

I feel bad for the turkeys, but hey, we gotta eat. I know what you mean by having to change out the paper napkin....seem like every few minutes there is poop everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom