every chick died :(

jb1jord

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
hi, on my first time hatching all me embryo's died, the embro looked about 20 days old, everything was formed, how could they have died (humidity and temp were perfect)

Were they your eggs or were they shipped?
how was the quality of the water you used in your incubator?
are you sure the themometer and hygrometer are working properly?

its usually because of some sudden or severe temp change towards the end, or insufficient oxygen, check that your vents are not closed if possible, and check the accuracy of the thermometer. Make sure the thermometer is on the eggs or turner not on the wire floor (depending on your incubator of course) but the temp will be different.

Sorry about your hatch. What kind of eggs were they?

Lynn
hit.gif

A fresh air supply is often overlooked as the main reason for quiters, while most people will look to humidity and other things. I use to get several quiters at every hatch until I allowed a supply of fresh air, hatch rates did rise. BTW I don't have a styrobator.

Quote:
the eggs were sussex, but i was wondering if it could have been one of the eggs that went bad, i cracked all the eggs and the embro's were dead, but two eggs were off and stunk, so i was wondering if maybe the air released poisened the embro's, and i candled them from day 19 to 21.

The most common problem with hatches that develop as long as yours did and not hatch is too high of humidity. If you havent calibrated your hygrometer, it could be as much as 20 points off.

Quote:
the eggs were sussex, but i was wondering if it could have been one of the eggs that went bad, i cracked all the eggs and the embro's were dead, but two eggs were off and stunk, so i was wondering if maybe the air released poisened the embro's, and i candled them from day 19 to 21.

From day 18-21 you are supposed to increase the humidity in the incubator and not open it at all. Did you candle the eggs during that time, or am I misunderstanding you?

Back
Top Bottom