Everybody in NC wanted rain and now we have it pics page 3

I always say that if you can't find something in the weather to complain about, you must be mighty sunny-natured. I got y'all beat. We emptied our rain gauge twice on Monday (total, about 12") and got about another inch on Tuesday. We have had better than 9" of rain so far today, I expect Hubby will empty the gauge again before we call it a night. The powers that be have cancelled school for tomorrow, rather than have buses driving on flooded roadways. Here I was, thinking that this was going to go down as one of the driest Septembers on record, and we get a record-shattering wet spell right on the end of it!

It's really wet here, the silkies are not liking it one bit.

Yes, but my Pekins think this weather is just ducky!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't make me dig a hole in the ground and have it all run your way as well Thai

Steve

If you can hold on to it for a couple of months I'll gladly take it. It exhausts me to watch Mrs. Thaiturkey water all those plants twice a day in the dry season.

We emptied our rain guage twice on Monday (total, about 12"

Yep, you're getting the worst of the rain down there.
I'm just hoping there won't be a lot of wind tonight.
So far , so good​

I watched a documentary about weather systems and how they are allegedly being manipulated. Make of this what you will but here's the gist of some of what was said.

Rain making experiments have been going in since the early 1950's. It's thought that a disastrous flood at Lynmouth, Devon, England was caused by an experiment that went wrong. RAF fighter planes were seen doing some unusual manoeuvres that day. Rainmaking techniques were used in the Vietnam War in an attempt to make the Ho Chi Min Trail impassable. Thailand has used rainmaking technology.

That seems quite possible. The documentary then went on to talk about electronic techniques that have been used to divert and create weather phenomena as a potential weapon of war. Structures claimed to be for that purpose were pictured and it was said that they were in the US and Russia. I think that China was mentioned too.

Katrina was quoted as an example of a possible weather attack by a foreign power. It was then said that since that time a cyclone had been situated over the Gulf of Mexico, something not experienced previously. This cyclone is diverting strong weather patterns from their source in the Atlantic up the eastern seaboard of the USA, away from their usual path west and then north. Maps shown on the documentary suggest that the plan was to divert the weather into mid-Atlantic rather than up the coast.

I don't know about this. Does it make sense to you guys that someone might be manipulating your weather in order to protect the Mississippi area and thwart the experiments of China?

After 4 weeks with 1 skiffy-little-no-real-account rain, we have been soooooo glad to see all this rain in the past 7 days. We were at 4" over 2 days as of Tue AM. It's now rained again all night. Our gardens and pastures are happy as we are!
wee.gif

Other than three 15-20 minute sprinkles, we haven't had any rain here for more than two months. My garden's all but dead, and everyone's soil is as hard as a rock.

Last edited:
Quote:
How much would you like? We were at 15+ inches since Monday at the house.

How are the roads down your way Bear foot? I was supposed to get feed tomorrow at Onslow feed. I'm sure I can there going from Greenville thru Kinston and cut over to Richlands but the way home I go thru Trenton and Cove City. I saw they were taking people out by boat in Cove City.
sad.png
that's the only direct shot with taking the long long way around.

Steve

How are the roads down your way Bear foot?

Some roads are flooded in Greenville
They got about 15 inches and we got that much here too. (About 25 miles South)

I think by tomorrow most places will be OK, but the creeks and rivers will be rising until the middle of next week, so that could cause trouble too.

Overall it hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been.

Wilmington got about 21 inches since Saturday

WNCT.com has a list of roads that are closed

This one might interest YOU!

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/sep/30/34/roadway-updates-across-region-ar-427316/

Hwy 33 and Possum Track Road, Beaufort County

You can search by Counties here:

http://www.ncdot.org/traffictravel/

And it's STILL raining!!​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom