Everybody in NC wanted rain and now we have it pics page 3

I have family all up and down the NC coast and the ones in and around Wilmington are not happy one single bit. Their road is flooded, their yards and drive ways are flooded. Saw a pic one of them posted on FB and it looks like they are living in the middle of a lake.

I live near Fredericksburg VA and we are getting a pretty good wetting down, but I sure am glad I'm not visiting family in NC at the moment.

Ya'll hang in there. It'll be over soon.

It practically flooded parts of my county, it has been so dry tho, I wake up, and you can barely tell that it poured last night. Just about all the water has been sucked in by the ground and plants. School was canceled for our little ones today.

Quote:
Some roads are flooded in Greenville
They got about 15 inches and we got that much here too. (About 25 miles South)

I think by tomorrow most places will be OK, but the creeks and rivers will be rising until the middle of next week, so that could cause trouble too.

Overall it hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been.

Wilmington got about 21 inches since Saturday

WNCT.com has a list of roads that are closed

This one might interest YOU!

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2010/sep/30/34/roadway-updates-across-region-ar-427316/

Hwy 33 and Possum Track Road, Beaufort County

You can search by Counties here:

http://www.ncdot.org/traffictravel/

And it's STILL raining!!​

That's that low area on Possum Track rd about a 1/2 mile from the turn off of 17 heading towards our place. Sharon goes that way and said the water was across the road this morning. There are ways around that though. Unless things change between now and tomorrow afternoon the road through Cove City is the one I take to get to Fort Barnwell and it's closed. I will have to figure out if it's shorter to jump on 70 and bypass it or just go back thru Kinston. I like taking the back roads since 2500 pounds of feed overloads my truck just a little. LOL And I want to do my part to help the NC state troopers save paper by not writting me a ticket.

Steve

And still raining! This is the bridge going to the poultry pens (bad pic it was raining heavy)

DSCI0094.jpg

Swimming anyone?

DSCI0096.jpg

I was already soaked so why not. lol

Steve

Yesterday and this morning the wood in the chicken tractor was so swollen that I couldn't open it up. My luck of course, this afternoon when it dries a little, I open the coop door to get eggs and find...

ANTS! Hordes of the evil little beasts. All over the wood.
roll.png
I've destroyed several ant colonies in the past without using poison, but I have no idea how I'll get rid of these goons. They're hiding under the shingles.
rant.gif

I'm in central NC, about 25 miles south of Raleigh. We got lots of rain, but nothing like the coast. My chickens were neglected yesterday (they had enough food in their feeder) so they were very happy to see "mama" bringing treats out to them today.
smile.png

Everyone stay safe, and as dry as you can!

Quote:
Yes, but my Pekins think this weather is just ducky!
big_smile.png

I feel you!!! I live out in Bolton! Getting my kid to school was not fun this morning. Especially with the creek running across the road. Thankfully son's school is on 3 wk break(yr round) so I don't have to try to get through his. Their drainage is HORRIBLE!!!

Hopefully most roads will be in better shape by tomorrow.
My rain gauge holds 7-8 inches, and it filled completely twice, and I haven't checked to see what's in it since early this afternoon.

Im guessing we got 18-20 inches total
Wilmington got about 24 inches
Greenville got right at 20 inches.

The rain FINALLY STOPPED about 10 PM!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom