Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Oh o. Easter bunny must have been by. Now there's 2 eggs.
Yay! If there is a third one laid (making four total) then two of your birds could be female and each have laid two eggs, or one female laid four eggs because she is infertile.

I can only hold out for two extreme long shots...
1: chaos is male and mated them both and only the ladies are nesting together.
Or
2: storm and epic are male and female and the female is laying 3 eggs.

Both are huge long shots....

I can only hold out for two extreme long shots...
1: chaos is male and mated them both and only the ladies are nesting together.
Or
2: storm and epic are male and female and the female is laying 3 eggs.

Both are huge long shots....
No, not necessarily long shots. :) I had two females share a nest, and they hatched 3 of 4 eggs successfully. The male who I assume was the daddy to those eggs already had a mate.
A fertile female won't lay three eggs. If a pair are ready to nest and lay eggs, the female will lay two. If something happens to one I believe the female wouldn't lay another to replace it.
Ether way, good luck! I hope you get some baby pigeons soon!! :D

From the research I've done, 3 fertile eggs is a possibility.
Storm seems to take the nest during the day and Epic at night. And neither is very friendly with Chaos. Chaos also has the least amount of color and is the smallest, so I have been assuming female. But also no eggs in her perch boxes... And Epic, no clue on male or female! Epic is largest and has abundant purple and green collar. Storm is the only one I've seen puff up the throat and dance...
I really wish sexing pigeons wasn't so dang difficult!!!
Were you able to sex your pigeons?

From the research I've done, 3 fertile eggs is a possibility A rarity I have been raising pigeons for decades yet to experience it.
Storm seems to take the nest during the day "♂ " and Epic at night "♀". And neither is very friendly with Chaos. Chaos also has the least amount of color and is the smallest, so I have been assuming female. But also no eggs in her perch boxes... And Epic, no clue on male or female! Epic is largest and has abundant purple and green collar. Storm is the only one I've seen puff up the throat and dance...
I really wish sexing pigeons wasn't so dang difficult!!!
Were you able to sex your pigeons?
The best way to determine the sex of a pigeon is to ask another pigeon.
In a perfect world the pigeon on the right is usually more iridescent and larger than the ♀ pigeon on the left.

That being said no matter which method you choose to sex a pigeon mistakes are sometimes made. I usually can tell the gender of a pigeon just by looking at it (but I have been know to make mistakes too.)

On that note:
If you place your pigeon in the company of a know gender pigeon one can usually tell the gender of the pigeon in question by the reaction taken by the know gender.

(Too many references to gender in tha sentence but I think you can follow).

Check out the link the pigeon bowing and circling is the bird walking is ♀:

Last edited:
I did ask another pigeon.... It wouldn't tell me!
I've seen that pic and watched that vid. Those are part of the reason I believe Chaos is female and Storm is male. I've also heard that the female stays on the nest at night. So, perhaps Epic is female. Sexing piggys is baffling!!!

EPIC IS SITTING ON AN EGG!!!
She laid it last night sometime after 9pm. Storm is daddy!!
celebrate.gif

Oh o. Easter bunny must have been by. Now there's 2 eggs.
th.gif
... maybe Storm is a female too?
he.gif
I was so excited to see Epic/Storm babies!

I did ask another pigeon.... It wouldn't tell me!
I've seen that pic and watched that vid. Those are part of the reason I believe Chaos is female and Storm is male. I've also heard that the female stays on the nest at night. So, perhaps Epic is female. Sexing piggys is baffling!!!
I guess we will have to wait and see if the eggs start developing
fl.gif
pop.gif
barnie.gif

Ok, who here has candled piggy eggs? What's the earliest you see signs of life if the egg is viable? And if they aren't, can I just take them away or do I have to worry about the piggys staying broody, like my ducks sometimes do?

Ok, who here has candled piggy eggs? What's the earliest you see signs of life if the egg is viable? And if they aren't, can I just take them away or do I have to worry about the piggys staying broody, like my ducks sometimes do?
I haven't, but incubation pretty much starts immediately. THe female lays the first egg, then hovers, not really sits, on it for 24 hours (that way it won't hatch too much sooner than the second) Then the second egg is laid and she sits for 15 days, I think, is the total days of incubation for pigeon eggs.

Back
Top Bottom