Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics
Hello
I want to put some pictures on this site. But have no idea how to. Anyones help would be great...Thanks...Nick

Aseel Argentino. 5 month old stag. Don R. Clara bloodline, of Argentina

South American Rajah pullet. Elias Bloodlines. 4 month old. (Ugly ducking out of my Black line of Rajah's)..lol! I hope to breed her back to her White beak and shank uncle.

South American Asil. Bloodlines of Don Elias of Brazil

This is my Spangled Reeza Roo he has been breeding with the hens in the back for the last two seasons and i have got a variety of different colours of hens and Roos from him..was wondering if i put him with the white Reeza hen below what difference in colours i can expect from the offspring..

Below the stags and Pullets from the brown hens

Looking forward to hearing from the Experts

It depends on the type of white the female carries. There is a dominant white and a recessive white.

If the female only carries recessive white then the offspring will be dark (melanized), wheaten or some other coloration. Looks like the birds carry at least two different melanizers ( genes that add black pigment to the feathers). If you back cross one of the offspring males to the hen- you will get more whites.

If the female carries two copies of dominant white then the offspring will be white with some black leaking in the plumage. Males may leak some buff or red also.

I would say the hen is recessive white.

Tim

here is my first asil rooster, i dont know what type/breed of asil he is, but im planning to breed him with my asil hen pictures added, and today i bought another asil hen, tomorrow i will share her pictures also. and plz tell me are they pure asil? type?
thx

Back
Top Bottom