Everything takes so long to load on the new BYC

GoldenSparrow

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Hay all,
it is really taking a long time for everything on this new BYC site to load. it is driving me CRAZY! I haven't been on BYC as much as
I use to because it is so slow. If I click a thread, or try to post somthing, It takes about 15 to 20 seconds for it to load.
barnie.gif

I know the site is new, but how long will this last. If I go to any other websites it is normal loading time.

I am spending less and less time on BYC, because it takes to long to load. will it ever be normal loading speed again?
fl.gif

I am sorry, but I miss the old BYC
hide.gif

Anyone else having this problem???

Last edited:
I'm having the same issues. I'm sure it will start acting right soon. It's taking me a while to get used to the new look. I really didn't like it at first but it's starting to grow on me.

My son just switched me to fire fox in hopes that it would speed things up. In a way it did, it takes less time after I click on something for the page to load, but things like your frustrated emoticon scream in s-l-o-w-m-o-t-i-o-n.
barnie.gif

And everything is really jerky. the scroll bar hangs up worse with fire fox than XP.
I will try the google chrome next, but I am going to do a few other things before I bail on BYC.
I am going to give the site some time to work the bugs out, try google chrome, and get some more ram or computer guts. ( 'go juice' for bytes and bits and stuff.)

Don't give up on BYC. We love it, we just need to be patient.

I used to check in on my phone throughout the day. I was off and on here all the time. With the new format, it takes so long to load on my phone that I don't bother. Still works fine on my home computer though.

My son just switched me to fire fox in hopes that it would speed things up. In a way it did, it takes less time after I click on something for the page to load, but things like your frustrated emoticon scream in s-l-o-w-m-o-t-i-o-n.
barnie.gif

And everything is really jerky. the scroll bar hangs up worse with fire fox than XP.
I will try the google chrome next, but I am going to do a few other things before I bail on BYC.
I am going to give the site some time to work the bugs out, try google chrome, and get some more ram or computer guts. ( 'go juice' for bytes and bits and stuff.)

Don't give up on BYC. We love it, we just need to be patient.

Firefox is better by far. Also, my kids told me not to use Internet Explorer, you get more viruses with it???

Wow, I personally LOVE the new BYC!! Great job to everyone involved who put so much time and work into this!! I can tell it's going to take a while to fully get used to it and learn everything, but I love the fresh new look and all of the convenient features. A note to anyone having issues with load time - I use Google Chrome and it works great. I have a decent computer as far as it's speed and everything, but my service provider isn't really all that fast to be honest. I have always been a big advocate of Google Chrome though for how fast it loads pages! I would recommend to ANYONE having trouble with load time that they give it a try. It's very easy to install and navigate and it literally takes minutes. Of course, it's also FREE and there's no risk involved. If you don't like it, you delete/remove the program is all :) Hope everyone else learns to love the new site and has patience while the bugs are worked out!

Back
Top Bottom