Excited Newbie!

They are all so cute and I love the names, especially Katniss!
yippiechickie.gif

Ok, here are the last three: This is Stormy. She is a Blue Copper Marans.

Olive, a Black Copper Marans:

And this is my Olive Egger. She does not have a name. I would LOVE any suggestions.

And check this out. The picture is not really that clear, but have you ever seen a chicken sleep like this? She is not sick. She just does that. I think she looks like one of those huge fuzzy bumble bees!

Thanks Sarah Bee! We owe that one to my 12 year old daughter, Ashley.

Congrats on your new babies, I'm super excited to get mine soon they hatch in less than 3 weeks. Your chicks are so cute and seem to have their own personalities. I love the little one sleeping on it's face.

Love the chicks, my 3 buffs seem to not notice the cold and are upset I wont let them out with ice on the ground! they tend to go broody on me, which is fine, but are very nice chickens!

Aw! That sleeping thing- yeah, when we got ours my 6 year old son (who had just convinced me we needed them) said, "Are you sure they're alive? Maybe they're the only ones left cause they're dead." They perked right up as soon as the guy started reaching down for them.

My son also named the one people keep telling me on another post looks to be a roo Daisy Mae. (S)he is the only one we can really tell apart from the others at the moment.

So cute! Makes me want to go get some new babies :)

My buff orpington is the sweetest chicken i ever had. She follows me everywhere and if i sit down on the grass, she'll climb up on my lap and roost on my knee. She's also very tolerant of my kids too. My 4 y.o. Chases her endlessly and i used to think it bothered her but one time i noticed that when my daughter stopped chasing, "pretty girl" actually stopped, went over to her and pecked at her knee as if to say, hey why did you stop!

My barred rock is a big bossy girl. She lays extra large eggs every day. She tends to pick on the others but has always been sweet to us.

I like getting chickens of all colors and kinds too, I have 14 hens and they are all different breeds. I have just hatched out 7 chicks, home made incubator, and they are 2 EE/RIR mixes and from a different farm, 5 Coocoo maran mixes all with different moms, dad was CCM. they all looks CCM but their egg colors were different. I am hatching out 6 more then I am done probably till summer, the six are all fathered by the CCM but I have a blue egg, yellowish/green egg, a dark egg with spots, an off white egg, and 2 brownish eggs. my hens will lay so many different colored eggs I think it will blow my mind!

Back
Top Bottom