Excuse me, but ...

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
... who turned off fall and turned on winter?

I have both my wood burning stove going and my big wood stove insert.

The temp is 40 but the windchill is down to 32. When I went out to get firewood it felt much much colder. Not sure how accurite the weather channel is for my area.

My hose is frozen.

This is a bit more than frost on the Thanksgiving pumpkins.

I have been stoking the fires, snuggling with my 2 yr old and considering either lamb chili or chicken stew for supper. I am yet undecided.

What's it like where you are?

this morning it was 22 at my house. we have had snow twice already, and i have had to keep the heated waterers plugged in for the past three weeks. it warms up to about 50-55 during the day, but since i live in the desert, it gets REALLY cold at night! brr!

Well, it wasn't me, but they turned on winter here too.
sad.png

I already had a fire this morning and I think I'll have a mid-day fire too....

I still had tomatoes and roses on the plants. Any ideas what to do with tomatoes that froze green???

It's cold here to, MissPrissy. The projected temps are in the 20's for lows and 40's for highs. I always worry about my flock a bit in this sort of weather. My injured turkey was moved back outside last night to the barn. With a light of course but I am more concearned about him than the rest.
hmm.png
I was hoping for a nice mild fall and winter. It seems it's not to be.

Hi Miss Prissy

It's cold here too.
Low 40's also 32 tonight.

Don't even want to go open the coop's. Wind is terrible.

Can't wait for Spring.lol And it's not even the worst part yet.

Dottie

a couple of inches of snow here in the mountains of WV this morning so far - expecting 3 or 4 more thru tomorrow. snow on the trees is lovely, but yuck anyway!

my mom is coming home from Florida today - she is in for a BIG surprise!

We have about six inches of snow on the ground right now (plus the remains of an 8-ft high snowman, now toppled over), and the temperature is barely supposed to eke its way above freezing for the next week.

Of course,the snow is on TOP of bottomless mud from a wet summer and fall and 1.25" of rain the other day.

It's starting to feel like a rerun of last winter, which started almost identically...

Pat

It was in the 30's this morning, but is supposed to be in the 60's this afternoon. That is why I LOVE the south!!! The snow is pretty for a day or two, but I couldn't deal with those long, hard winters.

Back
Top Bottom