Excuse me, but ...

So sorry you're chillin' already, but could you send a bit (just a little bit!) down this way? I've lived here for 15 years, and I still can't get used to wearing shorts at Halloween (and sometimes Thanksgiving...). At least in Va and NC we had 4 actual seasons!
Here, it's Dec., Jan., and Feb., then summer
tongue.png

Winter is late here. I still have mud and rain when by now it should be frozen hard and then covered by white fluff. In the days last week I was doing chores in a T-shirt from 10 to 2, but needed a jacket when the sun was not high. The damp and wind is making it seem much colder than it is when we have the snow though, and it's chilling to the bone when your outside after dark.

It is 40 here, but with the windchill it feels like 34. They are calling for rain and snow showers tonight and tomorrow.

Its rather gloomy and wayyy too brown out there! I want my pretty fall colors, sunshine and 65 degree temps back! A week and half ago I was out painting my bantam coop and sweating! This is just wrong
barnie.gif

Issued by The Weather Channel

11:20 am EST, Mon., Nov. 17, 2008

The latest snowfall reports from The National Weather Service in State College, PA: Bear Lake, 16.0"... Chandlers Valley, 7.0"... Warren, 2.0"... Kane, 1.9"... Prince Gallitzin, 1.5"... Laurel Summit, 1.1"... Clermont, 1.0"... Somerset, 1.0"... Saint Marys, 0.6"... Ridgway, 0.5".

Maybe I should be grateful for which part of Pa. I am in! 16 inches?? Yikes! I will take the snow showers/flurries!

Last edited:
It was in the 40's last night and I think we will get to about 70 something today. Here in Texas we have Fall one week then winter then half fall half winter then spring its crazy here but wouldn't trade it.

and I could say just the opposite. Here we were over 1 month ago:
15563_p1010271.jpg

and here is how we were dressed yesterday:
15563_08_fall_and_deck_and_baby_chicks_016.jpg

no complaints from me these days!!

It dropped to 21f last night. I put my hoses away weeks ago so I have to carry water to the coop via milk jugs. Only have had dustings of snow so far, (the western side of MI is getting more.) The muscovies flew down to the pond today only to skid across the top rather than float. I wonder what they thought of that?
hu.gif

I do not care for winter, and it seems to have arrived. It's not that I hate winter itself, it's just that I get cold too easily. I think snow is pretty, and love winter holidays, and baking. I just don't like cold. Last night I was out feeding and it snowed on me. I need to get all my birds moved into the barn tonights so that I don't have to deal with frozen water.

Back
Top Bottom