Expanding the flock?

QueenDuck

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
Hi,
Last Friday I hatched 2 ducklings. So only two days old! But when I try and introduce them to my other two adult ducks will they try and attack? You see, I raise the ducklings up at my house until they are about 6- 7 weeks and then I take them around my nans and keep them on her farm. Will the older adult ducks try and hurt or drown the ducklings I have now when they go over?
Thanks!
:)

Hi,
Last Friday I hatched 2 ducklings. So only two days old! But when I try and introduce them to my other two adult ducks will they try and attack? You see, I raise the ducklings up at my house until they are about 6- 7 weeks and then I take them around my nans and keep them on her farm. Will the older adult ducks try and hurt or drown the ducklings I have now when they go over?
Thanks!
smile.png

I don't know about your ducks, but my ducks would definitely kill any ducklings I put in with them. I always wait until they're big enough to defend themselves. Here's a thread that you might find helpful : https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/686376/agressive-drake

Mine adult duck was sort of ok with mine when they were seven or eight weeks old outside free range. She would sometimes chase them a little if they bother stuff she thought was hers. When I would put them in the coop that was a different story the fight was on. I separated them with wire inside my pen. They could see each other but not get to each other. I would try putting them together in the pen at different times until finally they all get along. I started noticing a difference in my adults behavior she didn't run them off or go after them outside the pen and they started hanging out like buds. That is when I got to finally remove the wire separating them.

Back
Top Bottom