Experiment - 48 Duck Eggs in a Janoel 48 Incubator

So you can just spin them 180 degrees in the turner so they are tilted to the right! That should work
1f60a.png

So you can just spin them 180 degrees in the turner so they are tilted to the right! That should work
1f60a.png

Thanks, that's the plan, but I think the damage is already done. All viable eggs have embyo's in the same spot very close to the edge of the air cell.

-Kathy

Awww dangit. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

As far as mine goes, I removed 4 infertile on day 7, and one infertile turkey. Removed another duck today with blood ring and no other veins or evidence of any life. So I have 9 and 3 doing well.

Last time I checked it looked like they were okay, but we'll see. Down to 41 now and will check them again in a few days.

-Kathy

I thought I might end up with a few to sell, but now probably not. I have 7 left and doing well, and 1 turkey.

Not sure if I've told you, last Thursday, Day 14, we had a snow storm which resulted in a power outage. Power was off at my house for 47 hours!! We were able to borrow a generator (since all stores were completely sold out) and I hooked up my incubator after about 18 hours. I candled them before plugging it back in, and assumed they were all dead, but I opened one up. It never moved on me, but it looked so healthy! Strong veins, everything looked good. Almost like it just went to sleep. Temp had gotten down to 65! But I plugged it back in anyway, figuring it couldn't hurt. And to my surprise, after a few hours, they all perked up! So I am expecting a possible day delay in hatch, and praying for no deformities.... but so far they are ok! Today is Day 21

Glad they're still going! Someone on BYC once said "they're not dead until they're warm and dead", lol. They were referring to a an ice cold, limp dead looking bird that I found that came back to life once warmed up... guessing the same goes for eggs?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom