EXPERT HELP NEEDED! what is this???

HenHouse13

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
Hi yall! Im new to raising chickens and have had them for a week and a half now and am loving every minute..here's my question..is this gray chick a pullet or cockerel??? "her" comb looks much more colorful than the rest so i wasnt sure..the seller told me he was certain it was a pullet but i NEED yalls opinions...The chick in question is the gray one closest to the camera...

ugh, this is not good news :( i live in a neighborhood and am not allowed to have roosters :( breaks my heart because these chicks are really growing on me!

Here is another pic of the chick! (still praying its a pullet so i can keep it :( the chick in question is closest to the camera!

Yeah i'd say a roo also. I have had those that look a little more rooish early on turn out to be hens. One thing is for sure a few more weeks will tell. 5 or 6 weeks old you should know for sure.

Last edited:
they are exactly 5 weeks old...i had no clue i would be this attached to chicks! i guess i have no choice but to rehome him since im not allowed to have roosters in our neighborhood

Back
Top Bottom