Exploding chicken

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Ok so last night I had thawed a chicken for diner, and it was bad, and tonight I thawed another one, prepped it, put it on the upright roaster and stuck it in the oven. One hour later...

14951_exploded_chicken.jpg

Hmmmm. How thawed was it? Could it have still been cold in the center?

I have had the casserole dish explode on me twice- once involved cold contents dripping on a hot dish (such as dripping down the upright after the dish had heated), the other involved putting a cold dish under hot contents because of overflow (me being really dumb and not thinking that an empty cold dish I'd taken out of the fridge with foil wrapped veggies ought to not work so hot there).

Both exploded and left me shaking my head.

My uncle has an exploding turkey story. Something about a pit they dug outside the shop, the still frozen turkey placed in the hole, electrodes placed along side and then all buried. The resulting explosion scattered turkey parts everywhere. The feast was called off, the evidence removed and the shop closed for the long weekend.

Good luck with your exploding chickens! Ummm, try, try again?

Your story is amazing...what could have persuaded him that was a good way to cook a frozen turkey? I'd would love to have seen it!

Back
Top Bottom