Express your thoughts on this ( Photo )

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by al6517, Oct 18, 2008.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I would like to know what you feel when you see this, I am a retired disabled war vet, and everytime I view this I get a lump in my throat and a knot in my gut. My reason for posting this is I just think we should not forget these kind of men.
    Now please try to keep this non political and civil.
    I would like to share your thoughts.

Thanks
    CSM US Army Retired
    AL

[​IMG]

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

it simply breaks my heart.

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    A am sitting here wearing my Marine Corp jacket.
    I have sent cards to every Marine Corp family in the state of Mass that has lost their Marine due to this waste of a war.

I see this picture and I feel ill, that so many young men and women have been maimed and killed.
    (edited by staff)

4. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    I think that all of us, irrespective of how we feel about this war, are deeply moved by such images and want only the best for our troops.

5. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    It's extremely moving and I can visibly see the bond between these two men of different generations.

6. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    I feel sad [​IMG]

7. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    That is a very touching photo. Not many things can bring tears to my eyes...but that did. I support our troops and respect the job that they do for us every day.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I get teary eyed...
    It's heartbreaking that 4,000+ US servicemen and women have given their lives doing their jobs...

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:The bond that soldiers feel for thier brothers in arms is heartwrenching, these two men share a bond few can describe. many will say they are heros, I too have been labeled this, but I feel the true heros are the loved ones and strangers who support them during and after.
    These people are AMERICANS.

AL

10. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    It reminds me of my grandmother talking to my cousin about what it was like when my grandfather was in ww2, while my cousins husband was in Iraq. She gets calls and emails almost daily while it took weeks just for my grandmothers and grandfather to send letters. It makes me proud for my grandfather and for my sons best friend who just graduated basic training. His photo in his Marine dress uniform hangs on the wall behind me, I wish I had one of my grandfather to hang next to it.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by