Express your thoughts on this ( Photo )

al6517

Real Men can Cook
11 Years
May 13, 2008
I would like to know what you feel when you see this, I am a retired disabled war vet, and everytime I view this I get a lump in my throat and a knot in my gut. My reason for posting this is I just think we should not forget these kind of men.
Now please try to keep this non political and civil.
I would like to share your thoughts.

Thanks
CSM US Army Retired
AL

10364_veterans_heroes.jpg

A am sitting here wearing my Marine Corp jacket.
I have sent cards to every Marine Corp family in the state of Mass that has lost their Marine due to this waste of a war.

I see this picture and I feel ill, that so many young men and women have been maimed and killed.
(edited by staff)

Quote:
The bond that soldiers feel for thier brothers in arms is heartwrenching, these two men share a bond few can describe. many will say they are heros, I too have been labeled this, but I feel the true heros are the loved ones and strangers who support them during and after.
These people are AMERICANS.

AL

It reminds me of my grandmother talking to my cousin about what it was like when my grandfather was in ww2, while my cousins husband was in Iraq. She gets calls and emails almost daily while it took weeks just for my grandmothers and grandfather to send letters. It makes me proud for my grandfather and for my sons best friend who just graduated basic training. His photo in his Marine dress uniform hangs on the wall behind me, I wish I had one of my grandfather to hang next to it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom