Extra Feathering Genetics Question

SwampPrincessChick

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Oct 30, 2022
The Swamp
I have a question regarding genetics. Can a chicken possibly have muffs, a beard, ears tufts, and a crest all at the same time? I would assume certain genetics would cancel out each other, such as muffs and ears tufts. I already know that a chicken can have muffs, a beard, and a crest at the same time, though, such as Polish.

@SwampQueenChick

I have a question regarding genetics. Can a chicken possibly have muffs, a beard, ears tufts, and a crest all at the same time? I would assume certain genetics would cancel out each other, such as muffs and ears tufts. I already know that a chicken can have muffs, a beard, and a crest at the same time, though, such as Polish.

@SwampQueenChick
I don't see why not. Maybe cross araucana with polish?

Probably unnecessary and I'm sorry(I like sharing photos a lot, and this one's super cool to me, so I cannot resist), but I've had this photo of a bearded and tufted bird saved for a while. It's such a unique look. I imagine it'd be a lot crazier looking if you put a crest into the mix as well.
1695601841240.png

Probably unnecessary and I'm sorry(I like sharing photos a lot, and this one's super cool to me, so I cannot resist), but I've had this photo of a bearded and tufted bird saved for a while. It's such a unique look. I imagine it'd be a lot crazier looking if you put a crest into the mix as well.
View attachment 3644534
That chicken is cute!

Back
Top Bottom