Extreme prolapsed vent, disembowelment

OP is physically unable to put down the chicken, no squeamishness here. We are trying to find a way that doesn't involve much strength. Edit:I do fully agree with you on principle.
Thank you for clearing my misunderstanding. I'm sorry, I'm old mobility is an issue for me, I understand.
I have pruning shears I use to cull. I also have long handled tree branch loppers to cut head off.
Go by the auto store and grab a can or 2 of starting fluid-its basicly ether. Put bird in a small trashcan with lid and spray generous amount starting fluid and seal lid.

So sorry about your chicken, but I agree that she needs to be put down. Her intestines cannot be pushed back in. A quick way is to decapitation with loppers or garden shears. I have also hung them upside down from a tree by the feet, and cut the jugular veins. Many use the brumstick method for cervical dislocation.

Done. Thank you very much again everybody! I've never killed a chicken before - I read repeatedly that they convulse immediately after, but my god I questioned for a second if I'd done it right! But I had and she's out of her misery now. I won't pretend that there weren't any tears, she was a pet after all, but I feel if I ever have such a tragic circumstance again I'll be more prepared thanks to the help of people here - Thanks again everyone! <3

Back
Top Bottom