Ended Eye-Deal Poultry Eye Photo Contest

Pics
AFD76C62-AB1E-4266-9A70-965C7A5835F9.jpeg
Kasper’s eye. Kasper is a white domestic pigeon. I rescued her after she was used for a dove release. Many domestic breeds of pigeons and doves are used for dove releases, but only one breed (the white homing pigeon) can actually make it back home. Other ones, like fantail pigeons, king pigeons, and ringneck doves, don’t have homing instincts and die in the wild if they are used for a dove release, since they are not wild birds.

View attachment 3158094Kasper’s eye. Kasper is a white domestic pigeon. I rescued her after she was used for a dove release. Many domestic breeds of pigeons and doves are used for dove releases, but only one breed (the white homing pigeon) can actually make it back home. Other ones, like fantail pigeons, king pigeons, and ringneck doves, don’t have homing instincts and die in the wild if they are used for a dove release, since they are not wild birds.
That is so sad. I'm glad you rescued Kasper.

View attachment 3158094Kasper’s eye. Kasper is a white domestic pigeon. I rescued her after she was used for a dove release. Many domestic breeds of pigeons and doves are used for dove releases, but only one breed (the white homing pigeon) can actually make it back home. Other ones, like fantail pigeons, king pigeons, and ringneck doves, don’t have homing instincts and die in the wild if they are used for a dove release, since they are not wild birds.
I'm so glad you rescued her! All your pigeons have beautiful eyes! :love

Back
Top Bottom