Eye infection

Gutierrez 10

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2019
I have a pekin duck that was deformed as a duckling, he has it in his back and it's Crooked, which allows my other normal pekin duck to kick him out of the pool, this causes him to not bathe for a brief amount of time and to not bathe even when alone, which leads to an eye infection, he's had it ever since he was about 2 and a half months old.
I was wondering if someone could teach me how to clean it well and get rid of it. I already know giving him clean water helps too. :fl
20190826_183452.jpg

Attachments

• 20190826_183618.jpg
    20190826_183618.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 1
a couple of things you could do to help him, get a plastic kiddie pool for the duckling to do alone to get it's confidence up and help him clean himself. irrigate the eye with an saline eyewash, and if it is an infection, I use Teramycin eye gel on them after washing, if I am out of colloidal silver spray.

a couple of things you could do to help him, get a plastic kiddie pool for the duckling to do alone to get it's confidence up and help him clean himself. irrigate the eye with an saline eyewash, and if it is an infection, I use Teramycin eye gel on them after washing, if I am out of colloidal silver spray.

Thank you, that's a great idea I will definitely try it

Back
Top Bottom