Eye infection????

Mrs.H

Songster
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sorry for the horrible pic, can't get closer. She's about 5 months old (hatched) skittish around us. Eye looks wet n dirty. Looks a little red (pic makes it look worse) noticed she was shaking her head also, just got home so not sure if she has been all day. what do I d

Offsite http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/mmissue32.htm. Does she have a swimming pool to keep clean. Could of gotten pecked in the eye. You're gonna have to get a hold of her anyways if she has an eye infection to fix it. I've used veterycin with good results... not cheap though.

Behold the knowledge of @miss lydia "Terramycin eye ointment at most feed stores. also some saline water may help just wash her eyes out with it. . Veterycin spray can be sprayed in the eyes, they also make it for pink eye."

Last edited:
Offsite http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/mmissue32.htm. Does she have a swimming pool to keep clean. Could of gotten pecked in the eye. You're gonna have to get a hold of her anyways if she has an eye infection to fix it. I've used veterycin with good results... not cheap though.

Behold the knowledge of @miss lydia "Terramycin eye ointment at most feed stores. also some saline water may help just wash her eyes out with it. . Veterycin spray can be sprayed in the eyes, they also make it for pink eye."

Thanks for the link! They just have a couple cement mixing pans to wash in (that I used for winter weather season) I'll get the bigger deeper kiddie pool out tomorrow .

Is there a certain brand or other name for the Terramycine? Looking online at my feed store but it's not showing any search results??? @miss lydia

Last edited:
You should catch her and look closely at both eyes, both nares and the inside of her mouth. Look for drainage, mucus, pus, etc. Listen for wheezing, sneezing, gurgling, etc. Also a good idea to smell her facial area as some respiratory infections can cause an odor.

-Kathy

And seeing a Veterycin Eye Wash, would that work??? Lol sorry for the questions. Newbie lol

You should catch her and look closely at both eyes, both nares and the inside of her mouth. Look for drainage, mucus, pus, etc. Listen for wheezing, sneezing, gurgling, etc. Also a good idea to smell her facial area as some respiratory infections can cause an odor.

-Kathy

Yes gonna fully inspect her in the am before I do/buy anything. Got back close to dark today

Back
Top Bottom