Eye injury on baby chick

Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
I have a 10 day old baby chick that seems to have an eye injury, I have been on vacation for 7 days and got home yesterday so I don’t know when it started.
It eats and drinks the only reason I’m more worried is that the eye is closed, and the chick seems to peep louder than it’s siblings

This is the eye, the chick is slower than the rest of the chicks. The other eye is just fine but what can I do about this eye?
0B20CE73-38D6-4D7B-8069-E832C5CF20EB.jpeg

Gently flush the eye with saline solution using an eyedropper. Then put a small dab of antibiotic eye ointment in the eye and observe her for improvement. You can continue with the eye ointment treatment for a few more days without flushing with the saline solution. Hopefully her eye will quickly heal.

Gently flush the eye with saline solution using an eyedropper. Then put a small dab of antibiotic eye ointment in the eye and observe her for improvement. You can continue with the eye ointment treatment for a few more days without flushing with the saline solution. Hopefully her eye will quickly heal.
Thank you for your answer, i Will buy dine Sabine solution and begin treatment😊

UPDATE
I have bought some saline solution but today she opened her eye and I saw blood in her eye,what does that mean an is the saline solution gonna help with that?
D0480CF7-45C6-4035-9341-3B9E01C522EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom