Eye Injury Please Help

I absolutely will and yes he is eating and drinking perfectly fine.

Personal reasons I believe he’s having to rehome many chickens n several turkeys. Maybe not smartest thing to take in this rooster but other then the eye he appears perfectly fine and very very friendly.

I absolutely will and yes he is eating and drinking perfectly fine.

Personal reasons I believe he’s having to rehome many chickens n several turkeys. Maybe not smartest thing to take in this rooster but other then the eye he appears perfectly fine and very very friendly.
Well, that's sad isn't it :(

Lots of folks take in birds, so hopefully it works out well for you.
Do you have other roosters? Others have way more experience with gamefowl than I do, but if you have other roosters roaming around, you will likely need to make sure they can't get near him.

Hens have their own pen where he will be going once healed. I got this awesome little 4’x4’ cage from tractor supply and wrapped with hardware cloth to use as an emergency/quarantine pen for times like this.

Attachments

• 56CA846B-52A7-4EF2-84C6-0258EF374B5F.jpeg
    56CA846B-52A7-4EF2-84C6-0258EF374B5F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 5B85CACD-126B-4586-92E9-18CC8D6A7140.jpeg
    5B85CACD-126B-4586-92E9-18CC8D6A7140.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Oh and I do have 2 brother roosters that roam the yard but they aren’t in with the hens nor around this new fella at all....idk if bc raised together or lack of ladies but almost 3 yrs now n never had issues with these two guys

Back
Top Bottom