Eye parasite??

View attachment 2516790
It's also coming through her face there ,not sure if you noticed that . That can't be comfy .
Oh wow thanks for catching that. The other pictures I have demonstrate the same thing. Could it possible be a feather quill? Like an ingrown? The thickness of it in the picture is from puss I think, but when I investigated last night it was long, thin, flexible but hard in consistency. With it coming out from the skin, do you think it’s save to say that I can try further to remove it? Followed by topical antibiotics?

Oh wow thanks for catching that. The other pictures I have demonstrate the same thing. Could it possible be a feather quill? Like an ingrown? The thickness of it in the picture is from puss I think, but when I investigated last night it was long, thin, flexible but hard in consistency. With it coming out from the skin, do you think it’s save to say that I can try further to remove it? Followed by topical antibiotics?
Your welcome, I'm not sure what it could be my thoughts were that it's maybe a feather or straw .either way yes I myself would remove it and clean the wound . It appears that whatever it is is trying to works it way out that's why we see the small bit coming out her face so it might be easier to pull it the rest of the way through the path it has chosen. I wish you the best of luck with this.

Any update on this, @Blueberrygrey?
Hi! I tried manipulating it again shortly after I received some feedback here and on further inspection is indeed had not passed through the skin - definitely lodged deep into the lower eye lid. I truly think, based on the consistency of it, that it was an ingrown feather.. So I monitored it, it wasn't getting worse and then about 10 days later it was gone! Her eye is completely normal now

Yay! So happy it's resolved. Too bad it didn't come out so you could inspect it.
OK let me just be completely transparent and honest :oops:

~too bad it didn't come out while you were manipulating it so you could take pictures and show us~

I mean that in a very lighthearted and silly way. After I typed the original I started thinking how hopeful and a bit excited I was to see what came out but my reply sounded nothing like that :lau

I am so happy it's resolved! I always love a happy ending to a thread from the "Emergencies". Thank you for updating us. This has made my night!

Back
Top Bottom