any ideas or a cure for this problem
thank you again very much
i am very attached to my chickens
i love them all to death
Micki

Picture151-2.jpg

Picture152-2.jpg

Picture147-2.jpg

That is not good. I would run to TSC and get tylan50 injectable. this will be your quickest treatment. 1/2cc once a day for 3 days for large fowl. Inject in breast just under skin, different spot each day. There are many posts regarding this in the past week. You can also clean out the eye each day.

It sounds like Newcastle disease. I read your post about your rooster with the hanging head dying. And now I see this.
It is also more than one bird. Im pretty sure it is END.
Here are the symptoms for it
Exotic Newcastle Disease (END)
Exotic Newcastle disease (END) is a deadly viral disease affecting all species of birds. END spreads quickly
and can infect and cause death even in vaccinated poultry.
If you spot any of these signs, take action immediately by calling USDA’s toll-free hotline 1–866–536–7593. Or
call your extension office, local veterinarian, State Veterinarian, or State animal/poultry diagnostic laboratory.
Signs of END
• Sudden death and increased death loss in flock
• Sneezing, gasping for air, nasal discharge, coughing
• Greenish, watery diarrhea
• Decreased activity, tremors, drooping wings, twisting of head and neck, circling, complete stiffness
• Swelling around the eyes and neck​

Last edited:
aaaarrrrggghh what is the cause from this
and these are bantam roosters
the other was a RIR but he was far from these birds
i went out tonight with a flashlight and looked at these and they are together in the same nest box
no change in there eye
i have learned that chickens get sick really quick
they where fine 10 hours before this
depressing ,
something else to keep me up all night

It wont be the exotic form like was posted above. It should be the much better form,I'm going through a similar thing with my flock. I talked to my university head today on the subject and he said Exotic form of newcastle disease is not in the US yet. You probably have the other form of it like I am experiencing. I made a post about it a few minutes ago under I think I have newcastle disease, you might want to follow any posts to it or add to it.

Back
Top Bottom