Fabric organization help

http://facweb.cs.depaul.edu/sgrais/color_wheel.htm

Good
LUCK! That's alottafabric!
ep.gif

Nancy

I know!!!

I have more fabric than I will ever use I think. I have stacks to the ceiling....PLEASE, when you get done at your house come organize mine! My dh would really appreciate it
lol.png

I keep my house very neat and tidy but my sewing stuff is crazy....It is pretty disorganized....but I know where everything is
tongue.png

....Oh yeah, I have a valium when you get here LOL

Last edited:
Alright, alright, I'm envious.
lol.png
Now when do we get pictures of things you've made recently or do you have other threads that show that?
caf.gif

The only thing we used to do different than the color wheel in the fabric store where I worked was add brown as it doesn't show on a standard color wheel. The walls started with white, cream, tan, brown, light yellow, yellow, gold, peach, coral, orange, rust, pink, red, burgandy, lilac, purple, wine, eggplant, light blue, blue, royal, navy, greens are tough as the lime greens and true greens need to be split apart, lime, olive, then mint, green, forest, grey, and black. Some of the pinks and peach colors are hard to fit in and change color next to other colors.

Quote:
But if she does this she will definately need 2 valiums
lau.gif
gig.gif

You GO Terri!!!!! I like the quilting machine.....I saw that before I saw all the fabric
smile.png

Weeellllllll I'm kind of a ROY G. BIV person myself. I love to see the colors fan out like they should, also I think it helps with planning. So I would go with the color wheel and add in the whites, blacks, and browns. Personally I would put the whites after the violets, the blacks and browns before the reds. But that's just a painter's thing. But it looks lovely Terrie!

I want your sewing room!!! My fabric is all still in boxes from the move three years ago. I still haven't finished the sewing room. Yours is so clean and bright!

So far as organization goes, you can never go wrong with the old ROY G BIV. Easy to remember and lovely to see. That's how I tend to organize colors (even colored file folders!).

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom