Fabulous Vet!!!!!!!

Hippie Chicks Mom

Songster
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Near Old Forge NY
I had a great experience with a vet today, I just had to share. One of my girls is ill. She has been lethargic, pale, poor appetite. After treating her as best I knew how, I decided to take her to a vet. I drove an hour away to a country vet who really took the time to try to help me and Sadie. She made phone calls and had another vet come in to confer with her. They checked her from head to toe, stool samples...they taught me how to tube feed her some medication and food. She was there almost 3 hours and they charged me less than $50 for office visit, meds and feeding equipment. Sadie appears to be perking up tonight and I could not be more grateful!!!
big_smile.png

Just WOW!!! With what vets around me charge, I could afford todrive half way across the country to see your vet!! And I would likely get a more informed diagnosis for my "non-traditional" pet! Where was that vet again?

I live in New York state, north of Syracuse. Go CUSE!!!! They found lice on her and think it could be what is making her so anemic and weak. They put her on a mixture of canned dog food (Science Diet) and 1/2 cc of calcium and Panacur. Today she seems perkier and pinker! I dusted the coop after I cleaned it thoroughly, removed all bedding and food dishes. I put dust in a box mixed with dirt for them to bathe themselves in. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!! I feel very lucky to have them!

Quote:
FYI: Panacur is fenbendazole, a wormer. If she had lice, make sure you redust her in 10 days. You can use sevin dust on her as well as the coop. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom