Fair trade?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by KWAK, Feb 20, 2012.

1. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I am thinking about trading 3 Muscovy ducks 2 pekin, a blue Swedish and 3 mutt pigeons for 8 pure breed pigeons (3 rollers 1 mookie, and 4 homers)

Do you think its a fare trade? I got the ducks for free and will be getting more soon.

2. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    It depends on the quality and how many of each gender for breed are you geting.

3. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    3 white female rollers, one black male mookie, and 2 male 2 female homers.

4. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    Unless you plan on tracking down male rollers and a female mookie I wouldn't go for it.

5. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

depends on what you want them for.

6. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    get pictures of these pigi, I must inspect. Those ducks are quite a bit to trade for some dainty pigeons. If they are great show quality pigeons, I would go for it. Are the pigeons sexed yet?

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

is it a fair trade?.. all depends on how badly you want them (and how badly you want to get rid of the other birds)

8. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    To me it wouldn't be a fair trade. The only birds you can work with are the homers, unless you have mates for the other two breeds.

9. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    you should at least get another mookie and roller, but then unless all hens, or pairs, and you really want the trade, you should be getting at least double to triple for what youd generally get for the ducks. course id prefer to fly more pigeons, that can train and work with easier, and only a half dozen ducks in my pond/yard, but thats just me. females are always worth more than males, one reason you can always find males and cheap to free, especially on pigeon forums. though i like my males and some honk like muppets or geese, and sometimes the baclors get into what appears to be a coriographed synced up some and dance number, when a hen flies or walks by the bachler pens (and i always think of old musical high school shows, or the conheads song.. sometimes i feel i want to eh eh get away. lalalalalala). lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by