rouen crosses

the phneeb

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2023
anyone have any pictures of their adult rouen crosses? three weeks ago we had 8 rouen crosses hatch, which we believe to be:
2 pure rouen
2 pekin x rouen
2 fawn and white runner x pekin
1 black swedish x pekin
1 cayuga x pekin

anyone have pictures of similar crosses? they already look gorgeous now but i am very curious as to what some of the crosses could look like as adults, especially the runner ones :0

this image is them with rouen mom!
IMG_6723.png

anyone have any pictures of their adult rouen crosses? three weeks ago we had 8 rouen crosses hatch, which we believe to be:
2 pure rouen
2 pekin x rouen
1 black swedish x pekin
1 cayuga x pekin

anyone have pictures of similar crosses? they already look gorgeous now but i am very curious as to what some of the crosses could look like as adults, especially the runner ones :0

View attachment 3702058
I am confused, is the Rouen the mother to all and some dads are crosses or are you saying you think some ducklings are crosses without Rouen? What hens and drakes do you have that could be their parents? Just because a duckling looks like one type does not necessarily mean that type was their parent. For example, Pekins can have anything under their white. They often produce ducklings with patterns which look like black Swedish.

I am confused, is the Rouen the mother to all and some dads are crosses or are you saying you think some ducklings are crosses without Rouen? What hens and drakes do you have that could be their parents? Just because a duckling looks like one type does not necessarily mean that type was their parent. For example, Pekins can have anything under their white. They often produce ducklings with patterns which look like black Swedish.
rouen is mother of all 8, then the 5 fathers involved were : jumbo pekin, rouen, cayuga, fawn and white runner, then what appeared to be a black swedish x cayuga cross

and yeah, i know swedish genes are typically behind jumbo pekins. we have some that look sort of like magpie or ancona ducklings where they are black and yellow/white that we think are from pekin dad, especially because they are large as well

i am going to add a reply with pictures of each dad and what babies we think belong to them!

and im realizing i wrote pekin 3 times in the original post when i meant rouen. facepalm

2 pure rouen
2 pekin x rouen
1 black swedish x pekin
1 cayuga x pekin

View attachment 3702058
last three are meant to be fawn and white runner x rouen, swedish x rouen, and cayuga x rouen

IMG_4391.jpeg

father 1 is this rouen, two of the babies look like regular rouens so we believe them to be his

IMG_4397.jpeg

this fawn and white is almost certainly the father of two of them, because they have a somewhat visible runner pattern on the neck/head over their diluted rouen
IMG_6781.jpeg
IMG_6951.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom