rouen crosses

IMG_4545.jpeg

this dad is what we believe to be a black swedish/cayuga cross? his bib is inconsistent and he didnt have white wingtips, and is pretty small. however one baby has a bigger bib and white wingtips, so if its not his its the pekin’s.
IMG_6953.jpeg

View attachment 3703473
this dad is what we believe to be a black swedish/cayuga cross? his bib is inconsistent and he didnt have white wingtips, and is pretty small. however one baby has a bigger bib and white wingtips, so if its not his its the pekin’s.View attachment 3703474
Interesting. I know white wingtips are associated with recessive bibbing but that doesn’t make sense with your female. 🤷‍♀️

IMG_6422.jpeg

final dad!!! he is a crested cayuga, but may be a cayuga and swedish cross too because he had a bib as a baby and grew out of it, and the two girl cayugas we got later on didnt have that. one baby has a partial bib and is completely black otherwise and acts a lot like him, so we think its his but not sure.

Interesting. I know white wingtips are associated with recessive bibbing but that doesn’t make sense with your female. 🤷‍♀️
yeah im stumped on the bibbed children with having one bibbed dad, one pekin dad, and one dad that was bibbed as a baby and grew out of it.

Maybe the black and white are his too but drakes? If they turn out to truly be black then they aren’t.
that could be it. honestly i only thought they were pekin because theyre pretty large and none of the others look like him, and he was the male that was always with the mom

that could be it. honestly i only thought they were pekin because theyre pretty large and none of the others look like him, and he was the male that was always with the mom
Unless they are the ones you gave away, it will be more clear when they feather out. If they get normal mallard brown feathers the Runner is the dad. If they stay black then it could be the Pekin or any of the others.

Back
Top Bottom