Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
Why have I never even read this thread!? :he
I'm beginning from page 1 right now.

After finally deciding to join the ORP Club, I need to start learning a bit about the breed.
Probably because I'm terrible at posting in it unless people poke me. I don't like to brag like some people... *cough* @The Moonshiner *cough* ;) But no seriously, I'll start posting more. I'm gearing up for my fall and winter hatching to have new breeders in the Spring and birds ready for the spring sales. Plus I've got some genetic business to document on here.

Oh I love that male splash. So just to double check, if I got a splash male and a blue female, I would get blues and splashes?
That is correct. Ideally, you do want the Brown-reds in the breeding program though to darken the Blue up and to add some of that "lemon" into the Splash.

Speaking of bragging…

Look at this stud!
7F391504-8724-4A03-898D-034081779993.jpeg

That’s one of my grandbirds. He’s living in Midland after some chicks went on a road trip in the spring. I think he’s very handsome.

Would you be doing eggs and chicks or just eggs?
Possibly both. Eggs are easier, but I have all the boxes to ship chicks with.
So would a splash male and blue and black females work better?
If you can find a decent Splash male. They are hard to pick out because they don't show the color as intensely. If I had the numbers I'd do a Brown-red male over Splash (possibly Blue hens) and a Blue male over Blue and Brown-red hens.

Possibly both. Eggs are easier, but I have all the boxes to ship chicks with.

If you can find a decent Splash male. They are hard to pick out because they don't show the color as intensely. If I had the numbers I'd do a Brown-red male over Splash (possibly Blue hens) and a Blue male over Blue and Brown-red hens.
Personally if you are looking for opinions, I would 100% order chicks over eggs, even if they were more expensive

Back
Top Bottom